Groupe Energie BDL, your partner multi-energy and confort
A local oil company with a long history
JOSEPH ELIE was created in 1893, in the Montreal neighbourhood of Pointe-Saint-Charles, by Joseph Elie, a young man of 19 years old.
In 1926, seeing the emergence of the petroleum products market, Joseph Élie began importing oil.
In 1981, JOSEPH ELIE Ltée became the property of Petro-Canada. Following a partial privatization in 1990 that lasted 12 years, the company became the exclusive property of Suncor (Petro-Canada) again in 2002.
In 2009, Groupe Énergie BDL acquires Joseph Elie while remaining affiliated with Suncor.
In 2012, the company acquired Petro Montestrie, now serving the vast territory of the Montérégie and Estrie regions through its network of strategic petroleum depots and meeting the needs of customers in the cities of Granby, Drummondville, Sorel, Valleyfield, St-Hyacinthe and St-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
As of 2016, BDL Energy Group can count on the addition of Petro Canada Fuels to serve its customers in the Greater Ottawa Area, Eastern Ontario and the beautiful Ottawa Valley.
To be the expert in home comfort and the supplier of choice for your petroleum products offering the best service in our territory.
We are committed to bringing peace of mind to our residential and commercial customers by providing energy-efficient solutions and quality products that respect our environment.
The environment, our commitment
Groupe Énergie BDL is constantly working at:
- Reducing its environmental footprint;
- Conduct its activities in accordance with sound environmental management and conservation practices;
- Prevent any risk to the health and safety of the community that may be caused by its activities or products;
- Ensure that its operations meet customer requirements, specific performance standards, government legislation, company policy and applicable industry standards;
- Ensure that all employees and all other persons working for Joseph Élie are aware of its quality and environmental management requirements and are trained and authorized to meet them; Improve its processes and periodically review its performance.